China – teacher qualifications

Monday, 31 July, 2017

If you are looking to work as a teacher in China, you will need to provide the school with proof of your degree and your UK criminal record check. You will need to meet the school’s requirements, which do vary and which evolve over time. Currently, most schools request a copy of the degree certificate and the original criminal record check, both authenticated by a Notary Public and then legalised. Notarial authentication involves the notary checking the existence of the degree (usually with Higher Education Degree Datacheck) and the authenticity of the criminal record check with the issuing body.

Legalisation involves obtaining an apostille from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and then a further certificate from the People’s Republic of China Embassy (which requires certain supporting documents). You choose whether to arrange the legalisation yourself or to have it done for you by my consular agent.

If you require these services, please let me know and I will provide you with further details.