Charges & Payment
Where it is possible to identify a client’s requirements before the appointment, the notarial fee and any disbursements (such as legalisation and courier) can be agreed in advance. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org setting out your requirements and requesting a quote. Where the scope of work changes, the charges may be adjusted based on the effect on the time taken and disbursements.
Charges are based on a basic fee of £95.83 plus VAT, which is £115, but taking into account:
- the number of documents to be attested
- the number of people that are signing
- whether the document is ready to be signed or needs drafting or completing by the notary
- establishing authority to sign, especially for company directors
- travel to an appointment out of office
- the requirement for independent witnesses other than the notary
- liaising with a party overseas, where asked to do so
- obtaining legalisation, courier and mail services for the client
- disbursements incurred with the client’s agreement.
- VAT will be charged on disbursements where this is required.
I will always assist you to keep your costs to a minimum. For example, where a number of copy documents are required, it may in some cases be possible to bind them together under a single notarial certificate which will then require a single apostille, thereby saving costs. However, this depends on the requirements of the body that is to receive the document and in some cases the rules of the London consulate in question.
I prefer to receive payment debit or credit cards or by internet bank transfer. I will accept cheques and cash. I reserve the right not to release documents until payment has been received.